STOP CROSSPOSTING CHATTER INTO ALT.SOURCES!

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UUCP
Fri Jul 7 11:41:27 AEST 1989

Even net.veterans are guilty of this now.  (I have been too, so I'm
not trying to be holier than thou.)

Alt.sources is a precious net resource where you can get red hot code
without the dead weight of a moderator's icy hand.  We are currently
p***ing people off because alt.sources is full of chatter about Germany
and Russia and Elvis and Peanut Butter.

PLEASE EVERYBODY STOP IT!

Now I crossposted this into alt.sources too, but if you look at the
header you'll see the OTHER thing people should be doing but they're
not -- including a "Followup-To:" line in any crossposted article.
(I wish newsreader programs would enforce this!)  By directing followup
discussion to a ".d" newsgroup I prevent this posting from turning
into yet another alt.sources flame war.  Kapisch?

Get with it people.  Or no dessert.  :-)
--
"My God, Thiokol, when do you     \\	Tom Neff
want me to launch -- next April?"  \\	uunet!bfmny0!tneff