wp2latex (1 of 4)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Sat Aug 18 01:33:31 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug16.151010.17925 at uwslh.slh.wisc.edu> lishka at uwslh.slh.wisc.edu (a.k.a. Chri) writes:
> I can't take this any more.  Do you what one has to go through to post
> stuff to the net?  (Actually, you probably do.)

Yep. I moderated a sources group for a while.

> Let me tell you, it ain't fun, it ain't intuitive, and it ain't easy.
> ...before you brought it up lately, I had
> *never* heard of this archive-header.  And I am not a "casual user."

OK, I'll start a FAQ for alt.sources. Send suggestions for topics to
peter at hackercorp.com. I don't have internet access, so I'll have to take
people's word on what archive sites exist and where the latest shar can
be gotten. Let's see, what should be in here:

	What alt.sources is for...
	What alt.sources.d is for...
	What alt.sources.index is for...
	What other periodic postings to alt.sources are...
	Where to get uuencode/uudecode/cshar/etc...
	How big to make chunks of source code...
	How a posting should be formatted...
	What headers should be there...

This last is more than just "Archive-name:", if you're posting source
people are more likely to see it if it isn't titled "Re: problems with
fucalc 2.3".

	What else?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'