wp2latex (1 of 4)

Jef Poskanzer jef at well.sf.ca.us
Mon Aug 20 16:00:03 AEST 1990

In the referenced message, peter at sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) wrote:
}Nobody, including Mr. Jef "Automatic Alt.sources Email Flamer" is impartial.
}The question is whether their private axes are going to get in the way.

Yes, that is what I mean by impartial.  As I said, it is fine to have
opinions.  It is not fine to abuse a position of trust in the furtherance
of those opinions.

}And
}the only way to find that out in this case is to see what I come up with and
}see if it's rational, impartial, and reliable.

You posted a list of things you thought should go in the FAQ list.  One
of them was not impartial.

}If you're willing to do the job, do it.
}If you're not, get out of the way.

I already manage three FAQ postings, soon to be four.  This is too many
for one person, and I would be glad to hand them off to anyone who is
qualified.  Conflicts of interest have already come up, in my own
perhaps overly picky opinion.  Since I am not specially qualified to
do alt.sources, I won't.

However, responses of the form "if you won't do it then shut up" are
obnoxious and boring.  I have made a valid objection.  Answer it, or
shut up.
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef at well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
         "It is an honor to be asked to help." -- Suzie Gomez