Archive-name

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Aug 24 13:48:10 AEST 1990

In article <18508 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
> What is wrong with Peter's insistence that everyone add an
> Archive-Name: header is the incorrect assumption that everyone
> wants to have that particular version of that particular
> program archived.

*If* people regularly used Archive-headers for stuff they did want archived,
it would be reasonable to leave programs that didn't have it unarchived. But
the way it is we have to save *everything* and look at it individually, since
we never know what is real and what isn't.

So I'm on your side after all. Amazing, eh?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.   'U`
peter at ferranti.com