Archive-name

Stefan Linnemann crissl at rulcvx.LeidenUniv.nl
Fri Aug 31 01:39:30 AEST 1990

In lots of articles lots of people write lots of things about
archive-headers:

So lost of people know you can't ENFORCE things in the alt.groups.
So what's wrong with suggesting the use of archive headers for those
who would love to use them, if only they knew how.  So what's wrong
with letting the people who don't want to use the archive header,
because it's only an alfa- or beta-release, soon to be followed by
an official release.

Peter da Silva suggested at one time to make a FAQ (Frequently Asked
Questions) for this group.  To me that seems like an excellent idea:
I'm relatively new to the net and more often than not I'm completely
baffled by things the net.gurus expect me (not specifically me, but a
new user like me) to know.  And I'm not even talking flames (boy,
are some of those net.readers hot headed!!!).

So I'm for a FAQ-posting, in which the OPTIONAL use of an archive
header can be explained and recommended.  Who can object to that!
(Well, I'll know that in a minute or so :-), just give me time to
put on that good ol' asbestos suit.)

With kind regards to those, who will make intelligent answers,
Stefan.