Stevie (vi clone)

Roy M. Silvernail cybrspc!roy at cs.umn.edu
Sat Aug 25 02:12:41 AEST 1990

bobmon at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:

> FWIW, v3.69 has many functional improvements over v3.68.  For MSDOS users,
> it also supports BIOS video, which is less pelasing (to me) but faster.

(ahem. I've moved this to alt.sources.d to give the source postings more
breathing room :-)

I've played about pretty extensively with Stevie 3.69 whilst modifying
it for BBS use (under MS-DOS). I have compiled both with and without
BIOS video writes. The non-BIOS routines are _significantly_ faster on
my machine. The only difference I can see is that BIOS video doesn't
require the NANSI driver. Perhaps I just have a lethargic BIOS?
--
    Roy M. Silvernail   | #include <stdio.h>                 | Does virtual
    now available at:   | main(){                            | reality need