tar(1) for personal computers?

Roger R. Espinosa macduff at cbnewse.att.com
Fri Sep 14 23:23:44 AEST 1990

Hi.

Having found myself suddenly wanting to download lotsa files to
my machine at home, I was wondering if there was C source to a
smaller tar(1) command -- I've sen GNU tar, and frankly, it's much
more than I need: the ability to extract/create (maybe) tar files.
GNU tar has lots of UNIX-specific stuff, dealing with tapes and
devices, which won't translate at all to the home machine.

I really *need* C source -- the machine at home isn't an IBM-type,
isn't a Macintosh, isn't an Amiga, so any known executable type
files for these sources won't help me. :-(

Thanks!
Roger
rre at ihlpn.ATT.COM

(It's an Acorn, actually, and I doubt anyone's got archives for 'em
this side of the Atlantic, but heck, if anyone has 'em...:-)