mfold - Maaniker's fold and column making

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG
Wed Sep 12 12:44:41 AEST 1990

Pretty fun program.

Suggested changes:  1)  Make  the      Make the default "-w"  value  the
"-i"  default  the  null  string,      same as the current "-l" value. I
rather than a tab; then "!}mfold"      was unhappily surprised to see my
in vi will flow a paragraph  with      reversed text also right adjusted
relatively few keystrokes.(*)  2)      on          the           screen.

Suggested enhancements: 1) Respect paragraph breaks  (whitespace  lines)
in input text when doing column set text, probably best as a  line  that
is blank-within-the-column. 2) Seed   a   random  number  generator  off
something pretty universally available (the process-ID, maybe), so  that
subsequent  calls  to  left-right  justify  a  paragraph  get  different
arrangements of space inserted (allows a second chance if the first  one
has ugly rivers). 3) Do _not_ fill the last line of left-right justified
text (see right hand column above) with spaces  whether  column  set  or
not;             it             comes             out              ugly.

Like I should have said, thanks for the great, free code!

Kent, the man from xanth.
<xanthian at Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian at well.sf.ca.us>
--
(*) We don't _have_ fmt here, but mfold is a nice replacement.