Exciting Software Development Project....

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 26 12:23:16 AEST 1990

....for anyone other than me.  :-)

I've volunteered to administer a mailing list, and was surprised to find
that there is no available software (or at least none that the knowledgable
people I've asked know about) that emulates the functionality of the
BITNET interest-group software.

What this allows is for someone to write to the list-request ID saying
something like:

	ADD me to the mailing list
	REMOVE me from the mailing list
	SEND archive.43.29.or.whatever

The software then services the request; it adds or removes the sender from
the list (automatic subscription updating), mails the appropriate file,
etc.  I'm sure there's other functionality that I'm not aware of.  Presumably
it also keeps a log of what it's done.

So if writing such software turns someone out there on, I promise to be your
first beta-test site.

	Don't write all at once now,
	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixc(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***