jargon browser

Richard L. Goerwitz goer at ellis.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 11 02:49:09 AEST 1991

The other evening, I was looking up an entry in the jargon file,
and found that I couldn't recall precisely how the entry was spel-
led.  I therefore quickly added a -p option to my browser, which
simply gives the user a list of entries containing a given egrep-
style regexp (e.g. "jargon -p dog" will produce a list containing
dogcow and dogwash to the standard output).

I know that some people are actually using the browser I posted.
I doubt it's very many.  Anyone wanting the new version, please
drop me a line.  I'll only post diffs if I get a lot of requests.

   -Richard L. Goerwitz              goer%sophist at uchicago.bitnet
   goer at sophist.uchicago.edu         rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer