Public Domain version of: yes(1)

Bob Webber webber at constance.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:43:27 AEST 1988

In article <997 at daisy.UUCP>, klee at daisy.UUCP (Ken Lee) writes:
> In article <2561 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
> >As you all know, some UNIX users alias "rm" to "rm -i", even though
> >you can now do
> >     rm < yes
> >to delete specified files without having to type y for each file.
>
> I take it you really meant "yes | rm".  A much cleaner solution is
> just
> 	\rm

Actually
         /bin/rm -rf /
always works fine for me.  It may not be quick and efficient, but you
don't have to worry about forgetting to delete something.  Of course,
to get maximum usage from your system you want to first type
         find /usr/spool/news -type f -exec /bin/cat \{\} \; >x
then
         emacs x
suspend out of emacs and type
         /bin/rm -rf /  &
and then resume the emacs knowing that no one else on the system is
going to bother you while you are reading news!

Enjoy.

--- BOB (webber at athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)