Vrun

Karl Meiser koala at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Nov 7 04:53:41 AEST 1988

This is a simple program I wrote to mimick a program named 'display'
for xenix on a '386.  Its not quite as fancy,   but its public domain
and it does its job.

"vrun.c" follows:

-- CUT HERE --

#include <stdio.h>
#include <curses.h>
#include <signal.h>

/*
 *
 *  Visual Run V1.0	(C)  Karl Meiser
 *
 *	This is a simple little program that I wrote up to be helpfull
 *	for monitoring various things.  Its fairly simple to use,
 *	simply define your $TERM and run.
 *
 *		Usage: vrun command [args]
 *
 *	Because of the way its set up,  it can even be used with
 *	shell scipts through the notation 'vrun [kc]sh script'.
 *
 *	The screen is limited to 24 lines.
 *
 *	To compile:
 *
 *		cc vrun.c -lcurses -ltermcap -o vrun
 *
 *
 *	(C) Karl Meiser   09/03/88  koala at ddsw1.mcs.com
 *
 *	This software is free and I place no restrictions on usage,
 *	copying, or modification as long as my name remains on it as
 *	well as this message.
 *
 *	I am in no way liable for this software,  or its results.
 *
 */

sig()
{
clear();
refresh();
resetty();
endwin();
exit(0);
}

main(argc, argv)

int argc;
char *argv[];
{
char cmd[80], str[256];
unsigned short int a, b;
FILE *fp;

if (argc < 2)  {
  fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s command [args]\n", argv[0]);
  exit(1);
  }

cmd[0] = '\0';

for (a = 1; a < argc; a++)  {