"bozo" program script

John Woods john at frog.UUCP
Tue Jul 25 00:19:00 AEST 1989

In article <3654 at shlump.dec.com>, michaud at decwrl.dec.com (Jeff Michaud) writes:
> cute, here is another "bozo" varient

Ah, yes.  Here are not one, but TWO programs that used to be on the CCC machine
at MIT.  The first is a number guessing game, the second tries to guess which
CCC admin person you have thought of.  Both are shell scripts.

echo "You think of a number, and I will guess it.  Answer yes or no to"
echo "my questions."
trap "" 2 3
while true
do
	echo "Is it seven?"
	read ans
	if [ x$ans = xy -o x$ans = xyes ]
	then
		echo I win!
		exit 0
	fi
done
echo "You think of the name of a sysperson, and I will guess it."
echo "Answer yes or no to my questions."
trap "" 2 3
while true
do
	echo "Is it Evan?"
	read ans
	if [ x$ans = xy -o x$ans = xyes ]
	then
		echo I win!
		exit 0
	fi
done
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john at frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw at eddie.mit.edu
    People...How you gonna FIGURE 'em?
    Don't bother, S.L.--Just stand back and enjoy the EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS...