duplicate output to multiple terminals

Dan Mercer mercer at ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM
Mon Nov 13 07:40:11 AEST 1989

I forgot to add to the last article,  the use of /dev/tty by many
programs makes programs that log out users logged in but not working
almost impossible to implement.

We're using one on our news machine that has timed me out several times
while transferring files using kermit and once while editting a long
article in vi.  (that was the worst,  cause vi didn't hang up and
when I logged back on I got into vi when the machine was supposed to
be asking for the dialup password.

The times for /dev/tty get updated,  of course,  not the times for
/dev/ttyxx.

--

Dan Mercer