Gate - simple mail->news->mail gateway suite (Part 1 or 1)

Clay Luther cluther at supernet.haus.com
Sun Dec 23 07:52:03 AEST 1990

rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:

>Get the spool file into text, I assume?
>>S=`cat $SFILE`

>If your message has some text that looks like mail
>From: your mother
>for example, you'll get confused.  How about this, instead
>	S=`sed /^$/q <$SFILE`

>If I'm wrong about the original S=`` line, then never mind.

Kinda wrong, sorry.  SFILE points to the output of sendbatches: a file that
contains the file names of the news articles to be inspected for possible
forwarding.

Assigning SFILE --> S allows gatenews to execute for F in $S, thus inspecting
each file given in SFILE.

Is there a better way???

Clay Luther, Postmaster          cluther at supernet.haus.com
  Harris Adacom Corporation      cluther at enigma.haus.com
  Voice:  214/386-2356           MS 23, PO Box 809022, Dallas, Tx 75380-9022
  Fax:    214/386-2159           Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.