Neat utility to convert uppercase filenames

mdivax1!bb29c!mitchell mdivax1!bb29c!mitchell
Wed Dec 12 02:00:25 AEST 1990

In article <2797 at cirrusl.UUCP> dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:

>I think all the programs posted so far have the bug that if you have
>files called "x" and "X", they will delete one of them.  Here's mine.
>
> (shell script deleted)

Yours is similar to the one I was using, until I saw this one posted:

for file in $*
do
	mv -i $file `echo $file | tr A-Z a-z`
done

The mv program typically refuses to overwrite an existing file and, having
failed, leaves the original file in place with its original name.

This is free (that's what I paid for it) and comes with a moneyback
guarantee.  Your mileage may vary.

--
mitchell at mdi.com (Bill Mitchell)