Printer Utility Programs

Tim Kuehn timk at xenitec.on.ca
Sat Dec 22 00:54:37 AEST 1990

In article <169530 at kean.ucs.mun.ca> pvalerio at kean.ucs.mun.ca writes:
> One of our labs has recently purchased a Hewlett-Packard
> Deskjet printer. Unfortunately, most of our experience with
> printers is limited to dot-matrix and laserjet printers, and
> we desperately need to print out some graphics soon.
> We use EMPAC 386sx PCs with DOS 4.01.
> The graphics (generally VGA, but CGA may be alright) we
> require are of the following types -:
>  1. Screen dump of graphics image using 'print-screen'
>     key on keyboard (this was *so* easy with a Panasonic
>     dot-matrix printer).
>     Incidentally, is there a utility program around that
>     acts like DOS's memory-resident graphics.com, but
>     dumps to either a laserjet or deskjet.
>  2. How to print graphs in Sigmaplot - is a particular printer
>     driver file required ?
>  3. How to print graphics in Printmaster ?
>  4. Basic or C programs to dump graphics screens to the
>     printer.
>  5. Any information on hardcopy of screen or file graphics.

I've used the PCX Toolbox with good success in one of my contracts. The
program support provided with the toolbox gives you all the functionality
you're looking for, plus some neat extras. You can purchase it in binary
object files or with source code. I got mine from the Programmer's
Connection  down in the states. (1-800-225-1166). Your mileage may vary.

(Disclaimer - I'm not associated with PCX except as a satisfied user.)

Timothy D. Kuehn    TDK Consulting Services  "Where Quality is Guaranteed"
timk at xenitec.on.ca  uunet!watmath!xenitec!timk 119 University Ave. East
office: (519)-888-0766 fax: (519)-747-0881     Waterloo, Ontario
Home:   (519)-742-2036			       Canada. N2J 2W1
Contract services available in Dos/Unix/Xenix - SW & HW. Clipper, Foxbase,
FoxPro, C, Pascal, Fortran, Assembler etc.

"I'm sure the army said 'Join the army kid or I'll....make you pay taxes!'"
Mark McCullagh's response to Tim Starr's assertion that the members of
the volunteer US armed forces were compelled to join by reason of taxation.