pcal

Richard E. Covert covertr at force.UUCP
Thu Feb 1 02:13:17 AEST 1990

In article <1546 at mipos3.intel.com>, jmasters at pcocd2.intel.com (Justin Masters ~) writes:

> Is there any idea why pcal does not seem to work properly on a Sun386i?

>  "Beatings will continue until morale     |     Justin Masters
>    improves."                             |
>                  - management             | jmasters at fmdgr1.intel.com

Well, pcal seems to work OK on our Apollo workstations but when I ported it
to my home computer (an Atari Mega ST4 running MarkWilliams C) it wouldn't
read the calendar file. It seems that the UNIX strtok() function operates
differently than the MWC strtok() does.

I found that the MWC strtok() needed an extra NULL terminator at the end of
the original string, otherwise MWC's strtok() would continue past the
end of the original string under certain situations. What I found was that if
I tokenized a very long string and then tried to tokenize a short string that
MWC's strtok() was continuing past the end of the short string and was tokenizing
parts of the previous longer string. But, by placing an extra NULL terminator,
MWC's strtok() was detecting the end of the short string proplerly.

I don't know if this helps you any but it is what I found when porting
strok() to my home computer. Good luck with your problem!!

--
 Richard E. Covert, Lead Engineer of Software Tools Group
 AG Communications Systems, Phoenix AZ   (602) - 581-4652