a better mouse for SparcStation

Fred Lakin lakin at csli.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 6 11:53:36 AEST 1991

I am plagued by the occasional horizontal jerkiness problem. I understood
that Sun would just send a replacement, but this seems not to be the case.
In the meantime, is there any fix? Like taking it apart and adjusting
something, or is it a chip problem?

But even when the horizontal is as good as the vertical, the standard mouse
still isn't all that good. Are there better 3rd party mice available?
Better means more responsive and hopefully smaller.

Would also consider non-mouse pointing devices if:
 1. they are plug compatible
 2. you can draw with them
 3. and they have three buttons (negotiable)

Xerox makes a great optical mouse. Now that Sun and Xerox are in cahoots,
will there be a version of that mouse available for Suns?

tnx, f
starnet!bass!lakin at apple.com