atoi() flame - (nf)

utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihnp4!ixn5c!inuxc!pur-ee!davy utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihnp4!ixn5c!inuxc!pur-ee!davy
Sun Nov 21 18:31:18 AEST 1982

#R:ihuxr:-20700:pur-ee:15500004:000:514
pur-ee!davy    Nov 17 18:01:00 1982

	I agree otoi() would be extremely handy sometimes......of course
	these things are trivial to write, but who wants the hassle?

	Speaking of this sort of thing, I have a "itoa()" program which
	takes an integer and converts it to an ASCII string representing
	that number.  It will give you the number in any base, 2-36.

	I've used it numerous times, particularly when I'm trying to avoid
	stdio for some reason.  If there's enough interest, I'll be glad
	to post it to the net....

--Dave Curry
pur-ee!davy