looking for a C type-checker

utzoo!decvax!harpo!floyd!danoc utzoo!decvax!harpo!floyd!danoc
Mon Nov 1 17:29:18 AEST 1982

Does anyone have or know of a C program type checker? I need it to check
thoroughly for things like assigning a float value to an int variable
when I don't *want* to. Something like the way Pascal compilers type-check
would be tremendously helpful.

This situation arises when a program in some other language (like pl1)
is translated into C, and it can cause *endless* trouble!
Lint doesn't pick up this type of problem.

Thanx in advance.	Dan OConnell   BTL   Whippany, NJ
			floyd!danoc