asm statement

utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihps3!houxz!houxi!houxa!houxj!wapd utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihps3!houxz!houxi!houxa!houxj!wapd
Thu Nov 4 12:25:09 AEST 1982

	Just a note regarding the "asm" statement :  someone recently
discovered that CC on BTL Unix 4.0 has a bug apparently involving
asm statements.  One case exhibiting this is :

main()
{
int i ;
if (f())
	i++ ;
asm("xxx") ;
asm("yyy") ;
}

f()
{
}

	When this is the subject of a "cc -S", the resulting assembly
language file shows that (I believe) the "xxx" is not executed if the
condition in the "if" is false.  A label seems to be misplaced in the
assembly language file.  I have put in an MR on it.

					Bill Dietrich
					houxj!wapd