Dissent on a C style rule - aesthetic?

utzoo!decvax!harpo!eagle!mhuxt!wald utzoo!decvax!harpo!eagle!mhuxt!wald
Fri Oct 22 10:04:25 AEST 1982

  Taking head in hands I disagree with a C style rule that I see widely
recommended and used. Please hold the axes!

  I prefer having the closing } of a block indented with the block, of
which I consider it logically a part. I.e

	if ( ... ) {

	 rather than

I think it reads easier, especially if there are lots of levels.  However,
I will probably soon go with the majority cause I can definitely see the
desirability of having all C code look sort of alike (hear that all you
who put NO comments in your code).
  However, I'd like to know if this is an external aesthetic value being
accepted (imposed?) on me or whether a "task force" or other unwieldy group
decided it was "for the best".

	bob waldstein
	mhuxt!wald