order of evaluation parse date s - (nf)

utzoo!decvax!harpo!npoiv!npois!houxm!houxa!houxi!houxz!ihnp4!ixn5c!inuxc!pur-ee!uiucdcs!uicsl!preece utzoo!decvax!harpo!npoiv!npois!houxm!houxa!houxi!houxz!ihnp4!ixn5c!inuxc!pur-ee!uiucdcs!uicsl!preece
Mon Feb 28 17:05:49 AEST 1983

#R:houxj:-22000:uicsl:6400003:000:475
uicsl!preece    Feb 28 12:42:00 1983

I just noticed that my remarks are really aimed at a response
to the base note (which itself mentionend pg50 of K&R). Sorry.

I think my response to the base note (which looked at the
expression table[i++]=i++ and asked if the compiler was allowed
to evaluate part of one expression, then part of another, then
the rest of the first, then the rest of the second) is that the
whole thing is one expression, not two, and therefore can be
evaluated in any order.

scott preece