Numerical C - (nf)

pedz at smu.UUCP pedz at smu.UUCP
Wed Apr 25 05:19:00 AEST 1984

#R:mhuxt:-131100:smu:13800004:000:730
smu!pedz    Apr 24 13:19:00 1984

I think all of this is stupid.  If you want to add things to a
language, then start from scratch, call it something besides the name
of an existing language, and leave me alone.  I have written an FFT
program in C, (using complex numbers) and it was simple.  Of course I
have the ability to think which may be an asset others are lacking.

But seriously, the best approach to this problem is with a
preprocessor.  It can (could) go through your program and change your
"**" to macro calls, your complex adds, subtracts, multiplies, and
divides to function calls, and put in the needed declarations in the
appropriate spots.  Then call this preprocessor RATC (with a soft C so
you get RATS) and *presto* you've created a monster.