tagged unions

Tim Maroney tim at unc.UUCP
Thu Apr 12 07:08:25 AEST 1984

One thing I forgot to mention in my tagged union proposal -- the identifier
"self" would have to be allowed in the discriminant expression if typed-page
or similar schemes are to be implementable.  Also, "tag" is not a good name,
since it already means something with respect to unions; "discriminant" is
too wordy; so in the time-honored C tradition of crypticism, how about
"disc"?
--
Tim Maroney, The Censored Hacker
mcnc!unc!tim (USENET), tim.unc at csnet-relay (ARPA)

All opinions expressed herein are completely my own, so don't go assuming
that anyone else at UNC feels the same way.