linking c and f77 programs

Sid Stuart sid at linus.UUCP
Wed Apr 4 12:19:38 AEST 1984

One paper that talks about mixing c and f77 is in Vol 2B of the Bell
manuals released with 4.1 bsd. It is paper number 21 Section number 4
talks about the c-f77 interface. I think I have seen another reference on this
but I have forgotten where. It should be another of the Unix papers. If I
remember correctly, I once helped a user call some fortran routines from
pascal. I think it involved archiving the fortran objects and then editing
the resulting library to zap an offending "_" in the name. When the
archive is edited, you also have to insert a null somewhere in the file
to keep a character count correct. And of course you have to get the
parameter passing right.

						sid at linus.UUCP