Which is better?

Chuqui[The Time Traveller] chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Fri Dec 14 17:30:19 AEST 1984

>Any decent C compiler should generate exactly the same code for these
>two cases, and the if-then-else is probably clearer to read.  (Indecent
>C compilers are utterly unpredictable, so I can't address them...)

Indecent compilers should have their development arrested...

chuq (gonna wish I didn't say that tomorrow.... *urgh*)
--
>From behind the bar at Callahan's:		Chuq Von Rospach
{allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui  nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA

The evil that men do lives after them; the good it oft interred with their
bones. So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus hath told you Caesar was
ambitious... And Brutus is an honorable man