USG and _doprnt

John Mackin john at physiol.OZ
Sun Dec 16 11:35:58 AEST 1984

In article <296 at rlgvax.UUCP>, guy at rlgvax.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:

> Zilog's ZEUS V7
> implementation didn't have [_doprnt], because they had to screw around a lot
> to get "printf" to work.  They put some arguments into registers in their
> calling sequence, which means all the "varargs" stuff is a bitch.  I
> have no idea if any ZEUS release has the "varargs" stuff.

This is all quite correct.  It's been about two years since I had to use
ZEUS, thankfully, but for as long as I was in contact with it there
was no working varargs.h by Zilog.  (They thoughtfully supplied a
PDP-11 one.)  After getting heartily sick of every second piece of
software I tried to port to the thing breaking where it tried to
do variadic routines, and being tired of re-inventing the wheel
each time, I did varargs.h for the ZEUS.  It works.  If anyone
is interested, I'll post it to net.sources (it's only short, and
is also a monument to human braindamage -- what I had to go through
must be seen to be believed).

John Mackin, Physiology Department, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
...!decvax!mulga!physiol.su.oz!john