The one and only objection to C

Bing Bang bing at galbp.UUCP
Fri Dec 21 08:17:35 AEST 1984

I love C. I think it's by far the best compiler based language that has ever
been produced.

I only have minor complaint:
why in the world does most C compilers insist on padding structures?

I am currently working on a network driver that needs to handle a data
packet that has a precise structure to it. It's easy to describe the
structure in C, but if the compiler puts in padding between fields, I can't
simply read in a packet on top of a structure. I must instead "jump" over
the padding bytes both going and comming.

"No, you stupid computer, do what I mean, not what I type!"
...akgua!galbp!bing