C source-level debuggers

byer bb at wjh12.UUCP
Sun Dec 23 00:07:23 AEST 1984

> Before everyone gets carried away with the excitement...
>
> I called Lattice today.  Their new debugger is not a source debugger.

Another possibility is the Mark Williams' MWC86 with csd

I have had ample time to read the documentation and it would appear
to be a very productive facility.  Problem is: I haven't had the time
to give it a try.  It has separate (scroll-able) windows to <source>,
<execution>, <evaluation>; also breakpoints & tracepoints (`how'd
that friggin' variable get zapped?').

When I get a chance to use it, I'll post comments.

Meanwhile, has anyone else used it?

	Brent Byer  (decvax!genrad!wjh12!bb) or
		    (ihnp4!ihesa!textware!brent)