Production Object-Oriented Languages

Mark.Tucker at CMU-CS-GANDALF.ARPA Mark.Tucker at CMU-CS-GANDALF.ARPA
Wed Jul 11 20:22:03 AEST 1984

I also started reading INFO-C *after* the discussions on object oriented
extensions to C.  So if someone has any archives of the pertinent messages,
I would appreciate your forwarding them tho me.

After reading the C++ rationale and reference manual, I am convinced that
the C++ extensions are so easy to implement, that there is no reason they
shouldn't be included in an ANSI C standard.  If you're going to
standardize, you might as well bring C completely up to date.

C++ will leave Ada in the dust as a "package building language."

-- Mark Tucker.

PS: Does anyone know if C++ is available from Bell ??