Using &LABEL

Andrew Klossner andrew at orca.UUCP
Sat Sep 1 06:43:27 AEST 1984

[]

	"I could imagine horrible things like passing the address of a
	label to another function and executing a goto."

>From K&R:

	"Control may be transferred unconditionally by means of the
	statement

		goto identifier;

	The identifier must be a label located in the current function."

Thus, no "goto parameter".

Back in my youth, I remember wading through a good deal of v6 code
which used "signal(2,&label)" to transfer control within the procedure
on receipt of control-C.  This sort of thing seems to have died out.

  -- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!orca!andrew)      [UUCP]
                       (orca!andrew.tektronix at rand-relay)  [ARPA]