how has C bitten you -- unsigned/disnged chars.

David H. Brierley dhb at rayssd.UUCP
Fri Aug 16 00:14:42 AEST 1985

> BTW, I'm in favor of (void) printf() etc, if only DEC-C for VMS
> supported the damn thing.  Now you need to be write it as VOID printf()
> with VOID defined to be an appropriate cast or non-entity.  Ughly.

If you get the newest version of the VAX11-C compiler from DEC, you
will find that it DOES support (void).  The version that we have is
identified as "V2.0-003".  I was quite pleased when they finally
added this because I frequently port software between UNIX and VMS
and was tired of having to go through convolutions to get around this.
I never used VOID however, I simply would use typedef and change the
"void" into and "int".
--
	Dave Brierley
	Raytheon Co.; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x4073