int16, int32

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Fri Aug 9 21:56:36 AEST 1985

>In any case, most experienced C programmers will use "short" when 16
>bits is known to suffice and "long" when 32 bits are needed.

I beg to differ: I tend to use "int" when 16 bits will suffice and
I'm not concerned with data space, and I think many others would do
the same, especially since the 4BSD Vax PCC compiler (and probably
many other compilers (SysV Vax PCC?)) won't put "register short"s
into registers.  (Someday, someone should fix that....)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland