No Such Thing

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Fri Aug 23 07:55:36 AEST 1985

> Flame On! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BOOLEAN!!! Flame Off.

There is no such thing as an integer, either.  So what.

Booleans are not an "outmoded concept".  They form a different
algebraic system (a lattice) than real numbers (a field) and
have different uses, both conceptually and formally.

I object to mapping everything into arithmetic terms.
Not everything in the universe is arithmetic.

I don't understand the point of explaining how C maps
natural booleans into arithmetic terms; that is just
what I am complaining about.