more about programming style

Bjorn Benson bjorn at dataio.UUCP
Thu Aug 1 01:52:45 AEST 1985

In article <261 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:

>The comment provides no useful information.  Any experienced C
>programmer should be able to read the declaration as fast as he
>can read the comment, maybe faster.

Right, any PROGRAMMER can read it faster.  However some of us who spend
more time designing, testing and documenting than actually writing
code find terse C a bit cryptic.  As an ENGINEER, I like explict
correct comments, as they really help when I re-read code.

Don't get me wrong, I like C's terseness when I am writing and actively
editting code but later in the development cycle it can be annoying...

					Bjorn Benson