break <label> and another use for goto's.

ross m. greenberg greenber at acf4.UUCP
Mon Jan 14 23:59:00 AEST 1985

henry at utzoo.UUCP=>

> If it's
> long enough to make tracking indenting levels difficult, it's too
> long to be in one monolithic piece.

I disagree.  If the piece of code is time critical or used ALOT, then
the extra calls to subroutines might become too much overhead.  There was
a piece of code I had the misery to maintain a while back that had only
about TWELVE levels of nesting.  Try as I could I couldn't break it out
into more efficient code, just easier to look at code.  The ratio of
ridiculous nesting level time to fun-to-look-at code was somewhere about
1.6:1, and I couldn't afford the extra time as this was a psuedo-realtime
job.

Of course, I did change tabbing to just a few spaces, so I didn't have
to use two tubes :-)