Pattern recognition in C (wanted)

Fred Fish fnf at unisoft.UUCP
Mon Jan 21 12:09:31 AEST 1985

[--------------]

A recent posting to net.lang.c of a "shell style" pattern matching
routine by Gary Moss appeared to be incomplete so I decided to post
an alternate.

This posting also contains my version (nmatch.c) and Gary's two
routines (match.c and matchtest.c) for the benefit of those
who might have missed the original posting since it wasn't
in net.sources.  By the way, it appears that the usage message
for matchtest is wrong.  It apparently wants the arguments
[string pattern] rather than [pattern string].

I'm sure there are many ways to do this, and probably some that
are far more compact than my solution.  I would love to see some
alternate versions (that I can understand that is :-).

[----  see net.sources for actual posting  ----]