C-Debug package ... (a la "context-independent macros")

Hugh Redelmeier hugh at hcrvx1.UUCP
Tue Jan 29 03:05:48 AEST 1985

In article <33 at daisy.UUCP> pkl at daisy.UUCP (Peter K. Lee) writes:
>>  whenever I define a macro to be a
>> (compound) statement, I put braces around it.  There are two places
>> where braces cause problems: IF statements with ELSE clauses and
>> DO statements:
>>					hugh at hcrvx1
>	# define macro(args)\
>		if (1) {\
>			/* macro body */\
>		}\
>		else
>If you think that "if (1)" is silly and may generate inefficient
>code, you better go find a better compiler.
I think this is silly.  I guess I better go find a better compiler,
but for what language?  Seriously, several people have suggested
this, but I remain repelled.  I think I will stick with my braces
and accept the occasional syntax error (they are easy to fix, and
braces never lead to undetected errors).