Prime C

Jack Jansen jack at vu44.UUCP
Mon Jan 7 02:28:52 AEST 1985

[You don't have a PR1ME? Hit `N'!! Quick!!!]

Well, here's another question about prime C :
Can I compile a prime C program into a .SAVE file?
The usual way of doing this (as used for PASCAL or FORTRAN)
won't work, since the interface routine insists that the
main program is called MAIN. Since the C main() routine is *not*
the real main program (it is called by the library routine CC$MAIN,
which handles, among others, argc/argv stuff), I haven't found
a way to do this yet.
Any primaniac got an idea?
(By the way, I was thinking of writing a (dirty) PMA routine, called
MAIN, that will call CC$MAIN the first time it is called, and call
REALMAIN after that. You can then call you C main program realmain(),
and everything will (hopefully) work fine. The problem is that I have
no knowledge of PMA, and no intention of learning it (I now know
about 8 assembly languages, and I think that that's about enough :-))
--
	Jack Jansen, {seismo|philabs|decvax}!mcvax!vu44!jack
	or				       ...!vu44!htsa!jack