Lattice/UNIX incompatibility

Ron Natalie <ron> ron at brl-tgr.ARPA
Fri Jan 4 18:07:51 AEST 1985

> 	7. Identical strings are stored together.  (I doubt that
> this would cause many problems.)

Boy does this cause problems.  My application overwrites the string.
When I wanted to do it twice I did something like
	char	*str1 = "../../..";
	char	*str2 = "../../..";

> 	12.  Multiple character constants (e.g. 'aa') (stored in ints or
> longs) are allowed.  This feature probably shouldn't be used if
> you want to port programs from Lattice to the real world, but I
> doubt it would make it harder to port from real to Lattice.

Character constants are INTS.  Most compilers allow you to use as may
chars in there constant as would fill out an int.

The next problem is that it doesn't allow functions returning char, but
it bitches when you try to return a char in an int function.

-Ron