Thoughts on multilevel standards

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Thu Jan 3 05:21:28 AEST 1985

>  I seem to recall that there are three standards committees.  One
>  for the language itself.  One for the environment (i.e. std. libraries).
>  And I forget what the other is.  The only document I have seen is
>  for the language.  What is the status of the other groups?

More accurately, there were three subcommittees:  language, library,
and environment.  The latest draft includes all three.  The environment
folks were looking at things like character sets and how a main program
gets started; there are no real surprises there.  The library folks have
added some minor things to the C library we all know and love, but nothing
deep and momentous.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology