host 68K C cross-compiler sought

cpr at su-shasta.arpa cpr at su-shasta.arpa
Fri Jan 18 07:10:47 AEST 1985

[]

I recently researched this to great lenghts, and found that Green Hills
Software C68000 was by far the best cross-compiler available.  We beta-tested
some recent versions, found some (very few) bugs, and received excellent
response to our complaints.  Their code density has been easily 20-30% better
than MIT pcc68, and their claims of 2-4 x speedup are not exaggerated for
many types of code (array indexing, switches, loops, etc).  All in all, it
is an EXCELLENT compiler.  Contact Green Hills at 818-796-6543.

--Chris Ryland, IMAGEN