hashing external names & other goodies.

jsdy at SEISMO.ARPA jsdy at SEISMO.ARPA
Wed Jan 9 01:35:25 AEST 1985

The Software Tools Users' Group (STUG) long ago had available a version
of Ratfor that contained hashed longnames.  This reminds me that there
are several things we can learn from the distributed authors of the
best free compiler around.  When I get in to the office, I'll have to
check, but -- are break (n) and continue (n) in the ANSI Proposed
Standard yet?  (If you couldn't guess, the one breaks (n) levels of
code structures -- case's, while's, etc. -- while the other continues
with the n'th enclosing loop.)  Yes, I recognise the existence of
setjmp() and longjmp(), but get queasy at the thought of any kind of
jump.

Joe Yao		(UUCP!seismo!hadron!jsdy / hadron!jsdy at seismo.ARPA)