Need 286 "C" benchmark

Don Steiny steiny at idsvax.UUCP
Thu Jun 6 15:01:38 AEST 1985

> In article <146 at idsvax.UUCP> steiny at idsvax.UUCP (Don Steiny) writes:
> >I have been using a huge model compiler on a 16032 for several months...
> >There is no problem at all in declaring shared memory segments of 4MB...
> >National Semiconductor Genix had huge model many years ago...
> >There are many huge model compilers for the 68k chips...
>
> Huge model?  Segments?  What are you talking about?  Please don't spread
> Intelisms to REAL processors! :-)  There are NO huge model compilers for
> either Nati or Moto processors, because there is no need for any distinction!

	The "segments" are a System V feature that are a form of
interprocess communication and have no relation to Intel segments.
They are not too easy to implement on Intel chips.

	Of course huge/large/small/medium  and so on are Intelisms.
Sorry about that.  I was thinking that the implementation
used virtual memory.   The "four megabyte shared memory
segements" would often be bigger than memory.