arrays/pointers in C

darryl at ISM780.UUCP darryl at ISM780.UUCP
Tue Jun 11 21:15:00 AEST 1985

>                                                Another C feature that
>can only be discerned by reading between the lines.

Pardon me, but the lines you are looking for are at the top of page 188
of K&R, and they read:

    "The sizeof operator yields the size, in bytes, of its operand.
    (A byte is undefined by the language except in terms of the value of
    sizeof.  However, in all existing implementations a byte is the space
    required to hold a char.)
			       When applied to an array, the result is the
    total number of bytes in the array.

Actually, most (but certainly not all!) C features can be determined
by reading the lines.

	    --Darryl Richman, INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.
	    ...!cca!ima!ism780!darryl
	    The views expressed above are my opinions only.