Proposal to add modules to C

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon May 20 11:46:38 AEST 1985

> > [me]
> > If the variable makes sense as a statically-allocated unit, why would
> > you care whether baz.c can get at it, unless you want to ensure that no
> > accidental changes or references are made?

> [Henry Spencer]
> Because I want to ensure that no *deliberate* changes or references are
> made!!

Then beat the programmer on the head with a stick! :-)

Seriously, I think there is no way that you can make a language force
people not to do bad things, and that even attempting it is a mistake.
(This is purely a personal opinion.)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland