LALR(1) Grammer for C

Guy Harris guy at sun.uucp
Mon Nov 11 09:48:10 AEST 1985

> Someone mentioned that the Harbison & Steele grammar is for an
> "obsolete" version of C.  Can anyone tell me where I can get
> THE grammar?

If the person in question (I think it was Doug Gwyn) meant that H&S's
grammar wasn't for ANSI C, he was jumping the gun.  The ANSI C standard
hasn't even been distributed for comment yet; I suspect it's called
something like a "draft proposed standard", meaning it's only a proposed
standard, and only a draft for one at that.  Wait until the final ANSI
standard comes out, and there'll be plenty of grammars available.

	Guy Harris