break, continue, return, goto

Alexis Dimitriadis alexis at reed.UUCP
Mon Nov 18 12:58:57 AEST 1985

  Another reason to prefer `continue' (especially) to an if-else
construction is that a continue makes it _obvious_ that nothing more
will be done to this instance of the loop.  With an if-else
construction, it is necessary to make sure there is no code between the
end of the else block and the end of the loop or function block.  This
is not too bad if Craig's suggestion to keep things small is followed,
but I still feel that a continue _adds_ clarity and makes code easier
and safer to modify.

Alexis Dimitriadis
(still at large)
  As soon as I get a full time job, the opinions expressed above
will attach themselves to my employer, who will never be rid of
them again.
				alexis @ reed
    {decvax,ihnp4,ucbcad,uw-beaver}!tektronix!reed.UUCP